Making Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) mayonnaise is very easy! I don’t use mayo all that often, but every once in a while I like to have some on hand. In fact homemade mayo is way better than what you buy at the store!
If you’re adventurous you can even try out various kinds of oils and vinegars, or add spices, for different flavors!
For this recipe I used an immersion blender, but you can use a regular blender, food processor, or an electric or stand mixer.
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp red or white wine viegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Safflower Oil or other oil you like
Add egg, mustard, vinegar, salt, and lemon juice to the dish you'll be blending in - food processor, blender, hand-mixer cup, or mixing bowl
Blend for about 30 seconds
Add a few drops of oil and continue to blend
Add a few more drops to get a good emulsion
Very slowly pour in oil in a thin stream while blending. It should take several minutes to do this. Mixture will thicken to a mayo texture during the process
Store in refrigerator
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- SCD Recipe: Watermelon Sherbet - May 6, 2018
- SCD Recipe: Fluffy Vanilla Waffles - April 22, 2018
- Product Review: Liberated Specialty Foods SCD Pizza Crust - April 16, 2018