I made this microwavfe cheese bread on a whim when I was trying to think of something to go with my leftover chicken for lunch. As of this writing we are all in the middle of self-isolation for the Covid-19 pandemic and coming up with new ideas for meals, with whatever ingredients are on hand, has become a way of life.
I was worried that this cheese bread might be too moist, but it came out perfectly! It was light and fluffy. It can be eaten right out of the mug or you can take it out and cut it up for sandwiches. I even tried toasting it and it came out great. It kind of squishes down a little bit, which made it prefect for a sandwich.
I topped with Everything But the Bagel seasoning and it was the perfect punch of extra flavor. I think garlic would also go great with this, but I didn’t have any to try.
You can experiment with different flavors and cheeses – let me know what you think!
SCD 90-Second Cheese Bread
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp plain SCD yogurt (or substitute 1 tbsp plain cashew or almond milk – if batter is too thick, add a little more)
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp melted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 small slice cheese (whatever kind you like)
- dash Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (optional)
Add egg and yogurt to regular size coffee mug
Whisk until smooth
Add vinegar and melted butter and whisk until smooth again
Add salt, baking soda, coconut flour, and almond flour
Whisk until well combined and batter doesn't have any lumps
Break cheese into small pieces and stir into batter
Sprinkle season on top if using
Microwave for 90 seconds – bread should feel light and bounce back when pressed down. If bread seems wet, microwave for another 15 to 30 seconds
- SCD Recipe: No-Cook Avocado-Coconut Pudding – Dairy-Free - September 16, 2020
- SCD Recipe: Fig Crumble Bars - August 29, 2020
- SCD Tip: Easy One Ingredient Pineapple Ice – No Sugar - August 20, 2020