I don’t know what made me think of doing this. I think it’s because I was wanting a grilled cheese sandwich.
I have a recipe that calls for adding sliced apple to grilled cheese, so I thought why not use apples in place of the bread.
I made a grilled cheese with bacon apple sandwich and a grilled peanut butter and apple sandwich.
They were both very tasty!
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 tbsp butter for frying
1 slice cheddar cheese
2 slices crisp bacon
Grilled Peanut Butter:
1 tbsp peanut butter
A few raisins
Large flake coconut – no sugar
- Slice apples so you get flat discs – I was able to make 4 from one apple
- Carefully remove core from each slice
- Melt butter over medium heat – use half the butter for each sandwich
- Place toppings on each apple
- For the cheese and bacon – place bacon so it covers the holes
- Place cheese in between each slice of bacon
- Place apple sandwich in pan (I cooked mine one at a time)
- Cook for 90 seconds per side over medium heat
- SCD Recipe: Easy Vanilla Cashew Butter Candy – Honey Sweetened - January 1, 2021
- SCD Recipe: Figgy Pudding – Grain-Free, Sugar-Free - December 19, 2020
- SCD Recipe: Instant Pot Spinach-Onion-Parmesan Egg Bites - November 19, 2020