I don’t know what made me think of doing this. I think it’s because I was wanting a grilled cheese sandwich.
I have a recipe that calls for adding sliced apple to grilled cheese, so I thought why not use apples in place of the bread.
I made a grilled cheese with bacon apple sandwich and a grilled peanut butter and apple sandwich.
They were both very tasty!
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 tbsp butter for frying
1 slice cheddar cheese
2 slices crisp bacon
Grilled Peanut Butter:
1 tbsp peanut butter
A few raisins
Large flake coconut – no sugar
- Slice apples so you get flat discs – I was able to make 4 from one apple
- Carefully remove core from each slice
- Melt butter over medium heat – use half the butter for each sandwich
- Place toppings on each apple
- For the cheese and bacon – place bacon so it covers the holes
- Place cheese in between each slice of bacon
- Place apple sandwich in pan (I cooked mine one at a time)
- Cook for 90 seconds per side over medium heat
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- Getting Started on SCD Part 5: Illegal and Legal Foods – Meat and Cheese - April 23, 2017
- SCD Recipe: Cilantro Lime Brined Turkey Breast Cutlets - March 28, 2017
- Getting Started with SCD Part 4: The Emotional Side - March 9, 2017