2 ½ cups almond flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup honey
¼ cup melted butter
1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine honey, melted butter, eggs, and lemon juice.
- Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with almond flour mixture.
- Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place bowl in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough by large tablespoonfuls and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Place a couple inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until tops are golden and firm to the touch. Toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
Makes 12 – 15 biscuits depending on how big you make them.
Sherry is a writer/blogger specializing in entertainment and food writing. She has been following a gluten, grain, and sugar-free diet for over 15 years and is the author of Don't Skip Dessert: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free & Sugar-Free Sweet Treats. She also enjoys writing about movies and television. You can find her entertainment articles at cinemalowdown.com.
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- SCD Recipe: Strawberry Bananacake Stack - May 16, 2017
- Getting Started With SCD Part 6: Breaking the Vicious Cycle Recipes - May 14, 2017
- SCD Recipes for Cinco de Mayo - May 3, 2017