This SCD recipe is so simple and good! Many candy recipes call for cocoa butter, but this one doesn’t need it. Cocoa butter is expensive and can be hard to find, so I like to use alternatives when I can and save the cocoa butter for special occasions.
For me this recipe used pantry ingredients and I was able to whip it up on a whim on Christmas Day becuase I felt like having a little Christmas candy at the last minute.
What I love about this is that it not only uses basic ingredients, but it’s also very simple to make. Cashew butter makes a good emulsifier so you don’t need to spend time cooling and blending. Cashew butter also allows you to not have to worry about it getting too hot as much.
You still want to keep the heat fairly low, but you won’t need a candy thermometer.
For these I used my new candy bar molds, but you can use any candy molds you like. If you don’t have any candy molds, line a mini-muffin tin with paper liners and use that.
SCD Vanilla Cashew Butter Candy
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (salted is fine too – will change the flavor slightly)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cashew butter (make sure nothing added like sugar or other non-SCD ingredients)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Add all ingredients except vanilla to a medium saucepan
Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly
Heat until all ingredients are melted and blended together
Remove from heat
Whisk in vanilla
Carefully pour into candy molds
Place molds in freezer for two hours
Remove candy from molds
Store in freezer
- SCD Recipe: Easy Vanilla Cashew Butter Candy – Honey Sweetened - January 1, 2021
- SCD Recipe: Figgy Pudding – Grain-Free, Sugar-Free - December 19, 2020
- SCD Recipe: Instant Pot Spinach-Onion-Parmesan Egg Bites - November 19, 2020