Sometimes you just want to treat yourself. Making candy that fits the Specific Carbohydrate Diet is easy, especially these peanut butter and honey candies!
For this recipe you just need to put everything in a bowl, stir, pour, and chill. That’s it!
These are so satisfying too. I use a mixture of peanut butter and cashew butter becuase I like the texture of cashew butter and it blends well with other flavors, but you can use any nut butters you like.
Give these a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Join in the dicussion! I started a new Facebook Group – Happy Gut For Life – Beyond SCD Discussion Group where we can talk about any SCD subjects including introducing new foods and sticking to the diet. Come check it out – I’ll be disussing my own successes and failures throughout my 20 years with Crohn’s and SCD. It’s a great place to connect with others who are exploring SCD and beyond SCD foods.
Want beyond SCD recipes and tips emailed directly to you? Be sure to sign up for the email list!
SCD Peanut Butter & Honey Candies
- ¼ cup raw cocoa butter – melted When you have chunks of cocoa butter you have to estimate how many chunks to use. I usually take what goes a little above the ¼ cup line in my glass measuring cup.
- ¼ cup peanut butter (make sure no additives – I used homemade) Be sure to take out of refrigerator an hour or so before making so it softens
- ¼ cup cashew butter (make sure no additives – I used Wellbee's cashew butter) Be sure to take out of refrigerator an hour or so before making so it softens
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp pure vanilla exrract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined
Carefully pour mix into your candy molds
Palce molds in freezer for at least 30 minutes before removing from molds – make sure they are completely solid before removing
Store candies in freezer – refrigerator iis ok too, but I like the texture better frozen, they also melt quickly
- SCD Recipe: No-Cook Avocado-Coconut Pudding – Dairy-Free - September 16, 2020
- SCD Recipe: Fig Crumble Bars - August 29, 2020
- SCD Tip: Easy One Ingredient Pineapple Ice – No Sugar - August 20, 2020