This is a quick and easy grain-free mug brownie recipe that only takes a few mintues to make. I love making mug cakes, not only because they are fast, but a lot of times I like to have a single serving. It’s a good way to not overindulge in heavieer nut-flour sweets.
Like my Brownie Bites recipe, the only non-SCD ingredient is unsweetened cocoa powder. Having a single serving is also a good way to satisfy a chocolate craving with just a small amount. I like to keep my non-SCD foods limited.
For this recipe I primarily use a mashed ripe banana to sweeten it with just a little bit of honey. As noted in the recipe, you can use a little more honey instead of the banana if you like. I like to cut back on the amount of honey I use so I use bananas whenever it fits.
Join in the dicussion! I started a new Facebook Group – Happy Gut For Life – Beyond SCD Discussion Group where we can talk about any SCD subjects including introducing new foods that may be outside the diet. Come check it out – I’ll be disussing my own successes and failures on this topic and it’s a great place to connect with others who are exploring SCD and beyond SCD foods.
Want beyond SCD recipes and tips emailed directly to you? Be sure to sign up for the email list!
Grain-Free Mug Brownie
- 3 tbsp mashed ripe banana if you don't have a banana – use 1 tbsp of honey instead of 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil or butter
- ¼ tsp unsweetened pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Use a fork to mash banana in mug
Add honey, egg, nut milk, coconut oil (or butter), vanilla, and lemon juice and whisk until smooth
Add coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and unsweetend cocoa powder and whish until well mixed
Microwave for 90 seconds. If it still seems wet on top, microwave for up to 30 seconds more
Non-SCD ingredient: Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- SCD Recipe: Easy Vanilla Cashew Butter Candy – Honey Sweetened - January 1, 2021
- SCD Recipe: Figgy Pudding – Grain-Free, Sugar-Free - December 19, 2020
- SCD Recipe: Instant Pot Spinach-Onion-Parmesan Egg Bites - November 19, 2020