Making yogurt using heavy cream is easy! I love it for making special occasion desserts. Some of my favorites are:
You can also combine it with your regular SCD yogurt or coconut milk to make ice cream or just use it as a dessert topping.
Check out my video on how to make this great-tasting yogurt!
You can check out my 24-hour SCD Instant Pot Yogurt demo here.
SCD Heavy Cream Yogurt
24-hour SCD yogurt made with heavy cream.
- 1 pint heavy cream Make sure no gums or carageenan
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt for starter Or use powdered yogurt start. Make sure starter has the correct cultures for SCD.
- 2 – 4 tbsp honey Optional
- 1 – 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract Optional
Heat hevy cream to 180 – 185 degrees (or use boil function on Instant Pot with yogurt setting)
Cool to 90 – 100° F
Whisk half the cooled heavy cream with 1/2 cup yogurt
Stir mixture in with cooled milk
Incubate in yogurt maker or Instant Pot for 24 hours
Chill yogurt in fridge for about 8 hours
Add chilled yogurt, honey, and vanilla to mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl. Beat on high speed for 2 – 3 minutes until yogurt is of desired fluffiness.
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to keep up with all my videos!
- SCD Recipe: Easy Vanilla Cashew Butter Candy – Honey Sweetened - January 1, 2021
- SCD Recipe: Figgy Pudding – Grain-Free, Sugar-Free - December 19, 2020
- SCD Recipe: Instant Pot Spinach-Onion-Parmesan Egg Bites - November 19, 2020