This recipe is a simple way of getting moist and flavorful turkey breast! I love these cutlets. They’re handy for lunch or dinner, but they can be a little dry. This brine solves that and I usually have the ingredients on hand. It’s a pretty quick brine. Since it’s boneless and skinless breast meat, there’s no need to brine for more than an hour. Leaving it longer than that would cause the meat to start to break down, so this definitely isn’t a leave all day type of recipe.
You can easily substitute chicken breast as well!
Cilantro Lime Turkey Breast Cutlets
- 4 - 5 turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lime or 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- ice cubes
- olive oil for frying or your favorite oil to cook poultry with
Bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat
Place turkey breast cutlets in a large dish. They should be mostly flat, but they can overlap a little.
Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over turkey
Drizzle honey over turkey
Spread garlic over turkey
Cover turkey with lime slices
Cover with a handful of cilantro
Cover entirely with ice. Don't be afraid to use a lot. The ice will keep the turkey from cooking when you pour the broth over it
Pour broth over ice
Refrigerate for an hour
Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat
Remove turkey from brine and lay on paper towels to dry slightly
Lightly salt and pepper the turkey
Placed seasoned side down in the hot pan. Season the other side.
Cook for 5 - 6 minutes on each side. Cooking time may vary a little depending on the thickness of the cutlet.
- SCD Recipe: Easy Vanilla Cashew Butter Candy – Honey Sweetened - January 1, 2021
- SCD Recipe: Figgy Pudding – Grain-Free, Sugar-Free - December 19, 2020
- SCD Recipe: Instant Pot Spinach-Onion-Parmesan Egg Bites - November 19, 2020