It can be hard to have an easy dessert on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. When you’re the only one eating something, things can go to waste. Or maybe you’re just looking for a one-time treat. This SCD Cinnamon Mug Cake is the perfect remedy! It’s simple to make and it works perfectly for breakfast or a light dessert.
What I really like about this is the soft texture. It has just the right amount of moistness, not dry and not the slightly wet texture some almond flour baked desserts get. This would be perfect with some berries on sliced bananas on top!
SCD Cinnamon Mug Cake
This baked mug cake is the perfect single-serving treat. Quick and easy to make, it's suited SCD and Paleo diets.
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts (pecans, almonds, walnuts, etc) (optional)
- 1 tbsp raisins (optional)
Heat toaster oven (or regular oven) to 350 degrees
Add almond flour, cinnamon, and baking soda to a large mug
Add vanilla, honey, and egg
Stir until mixed throroughly
Stir in nuts and raisins
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until cake looks firm on top
Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before eating
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- SCD Recipe: Instant Pot Holiday Cider - December 25, 2018
- SCD Recipe: Savory Pastry Dough - December 16, 2018
- SCD Spotlight: The Specific Carbohydrate Association - December 2, 2018