When I’m looking for something quick and easy to bake it usually has bananas in it. I have a lot of banana recipes here.
- Easy to cook with
- Easy on the digestive system
I like this recipe a lot because it doesn’t have any added sweetener – basically there isn’t any honey in it. These bars have banana bread flavor and are not too sweet. I like to toast them in the toaster oven or throw them in a pan with a little butter. They’re great with peanut butter or you can spread a little honey and cinnamon on top.
Basic Banana Nut Breakfast Bars
- 3 medium bananas very ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp SCD yogurt or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (raisins, dates, prunes)
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Add banana, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl
Mix at medium speed for about two minutes
Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nuts, and dried fruit
Mix at medium speed for a minute until everything is combined
Line 9 x 13 cake pan with parchment paper
Spread batter evenly in pan
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until bars are firm and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
Cool pan on wire rack for about 30 minutes until cool
Cut into bars
I always store baked goods in the refrigerator and then heat them up in a toaster or pan.
This recipe is very versatile. You can use whatever combination of nuts and dried fruit you prefer, or none at all if you want plain banana bars!
Recipe shared on Gluten-free Fridays.
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- SCD Recipe: Instant Pot Holiday Cider - December 25, 2018
- SCD Recipe: Savory Pastry Dough - December 16, 2018
- SCD Spotlight: The Specific Carbohydrate Association - December 2, 2018