These little treats don’t contain in sugar. They are perfect if you are doing a detox like the 21 Day Sugar Detox program from Diane Sanfilippo.
My jumping off point for this recipe was 21DSD Green Apple and Coconut 2-Bite Treats from PaleOMG.
That recipe is completely fine for SCD also – and is nut free, so if you don’t want almond butter you can try that one out.
The main variation I used besides almond butter is using real butter to cook the apples instead of coconut oil. I also used some raw cocoa butter, but you can use all coconut butter if you don’t have any cocoa butter.
1 medium Granny Smith Apple
2 tbsp butter (you can use ghee or coconut oil – use these if doing 21 Day Detox or Paleo)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup cocoa butter (optional)
1/4 cup coconut butter (if not using cocoa butter increase to 1/2 cup)
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract (make sure no sugar added)
1 – 2 tbsp almond butter
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners
- Peel and dice apple
- Add butter to small sauce pan
- Heat butter over medium heat until melted
- Add diced apple and cook until apples are soft (around 5 – 10 minutes)
- Stir in Cinnamon
- Remove from heat
- Stir in cocoa butter (if using, coconut butter and coconut oil)
- Stir until well combined
- If mixture is too stiff, place pan over low heat and stir until everything is soft and mixed
- Add 1/2 tsp almond butter to each muffin cup
- Pour apple mixture to fill cups
- Freeze for 20 – 30 minutes to harden
- Store in refrigerator or freezer
This recipe being shared on Fast and Easy Paleo Recipes
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- Video: How to Make Tea In Your Instant Pot - May 16, 2019
- SCD Recipe: Crispy Chicken Fingers - April 28, 2019
- SCD Recipe: Honey Vanilla Cheesecake – Instant Pot - April 15, 2019