If you’re looking to portion control your desserts, these are a good option. They are easy to make too.
You can pretty much choose any fruit and nut butter combination you like.
Cherry with Cashew and Almond Butter Mixture
Strawberry with Cashew and Almond Butter Mixture
Banana with Cashew and Almond Butter Mixture
Strawberry Banana with Cashew and Almond Butter Mixture (I wish I had made more of these!)
Paleo Variation (not SCD legal)
Add unsweetened cocoa powder to the nut butter to make a chocolate bottom layer and you will need to substitute coconut milk for the dairy yogurt.
Should make 24 bites.
2 cups fruit
1 1/2 cups strained yogurt (strain for 24 hours) or full fat coconut milk (for Paleo version)
1 or two very ripe bananas
1 cup nut butter (whatever is your favorite – I used a half cup almond butter and a half cup cashew butter)
4 tablespoons honey
1/4 tsp lemon juice (if you are using banana)
1 – 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (optional – for Paleo not SCD)
- Fruit needs to be pureed or mashed (bananas)
- Puree fruit in blender or if you are using frozen fruit you can heat it in a saucepan and use an immersion blender – don’t cook the fruit, just heat it enough to thaw it
- Add two tablespoons of honey to the fruit
- Stir in half the yogurt with the fruit (if you are making multiple kinds you will have to use your judement to mix with the different kinds of fruit)
- Blend or mix until well combined
- Stir in the other half of the yogurt to the nut butters
- Stir in the remaining tablespoons of honey
- Stir in cocoa powder if using
- Spoon a teaspoon of nut butter into the bottom of a mini-muffin pan
- Repeat until nut butter is used up
- Add fruit to the top of the nut butter until cups are full
- Freeze for several hours (at least two)
- Allow to thaw a couple minutes before eating
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- SCD Recipe: Single-Serve Pumpkin Cake - January 4, 2020
- SCD Hack: Use Your Instant Pot to Make Pumpkin Puree - January 1, 2020
- A few of my favorite things… - December 16, 2019