Finding SCD safe canned coconut milk can be a challenge, but if it can be found, it makes great ice cream.
SCD legal coconut milk shouldn’t contain any guar gum or carageenan. If you are going to make ice cream, you should get the full fat version, not the light.
I love making banana ice cream because bananas are naturally sweet and add to the creamy ice cream texture. Also, I always seem to end up with some very ripe bananas that have gone past the point of me wanting to eat them.
This ice cream is super simple to make – only 4 ingredients!
4 very ripe medium bananas
2 cans full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup honey
- Freeze bananas – in the peel – at least one day before making the ice cream
- Allow bananas to thaw completely
- Place thawed bananas, coconut milk, vanilla and honey in a blender
- Blend for a few minutes until mixture is very smooth
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker
- Prepare according to manufacturer’s directions
This recipe shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- SCD Recipe: Single-Serve Pumpkin Cake - January 4, 2020
- SCD Hack: Use Your Instant Pot to Make Pumpkin Puree - January 1, 2020
- A few of my favorite things… - December 16, 2019