(Lemon Tart recipe is at the bottom of the post)
When I started the diet in October of 2000 blogs were a new thing. Mike’s Flog was the only SCD blog I could find. Nearly every day Mike would post an entry about what he had eaten that day. It was so helpful. At the time I had not used almond flour all that much. Looking at the muffins and breads he made inspired me to give it a try.
Mike’s Flog ends in December of 2009. It began in April of 2000. If you go to the site there is still nearly 10 years of SCD eating you can look at.
I found this website around the same time as Mike’s Flog. I was so happy to find all the recipes and information about SCD! It was there I found the recipe for the Lemon Tart it turned out my dad liked more than anyone else. He still asks me to make it! BTW – if you are out of butter, olive oil is not a good substitute in the Lemon Tart! I found that out the hard way.
- 3/4 C almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 C honey
- zest of 3 lemons
- 3/4 C lemon juice
- 1/2 stick (4 T) melted butter
- Blend all ingredients and pour into a pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes.
Can also be Orange tart by using orange juice and zest in place of lemon.
Latest posts by Sherry Lipp (see all)
- SCD Tip: Go to Disneyland! - July 25, 2017
- SCD Recipe: No Bake Peanut Butter Bars - July 9, 2017
- Getting Started with SCD Part 7 – The Diet at Work - June 11, 2017